The palliative care group aims to stimulate palliative care research in primary care and to consolidate a sound academic research base for palliative care in the community.
Objectives of the group
- To facilitate palliative care research within primary care, particularly collaborative studies
- To identify key research questions in the provision of palliative care in the community, for both malignant and non-malignant illnesses
- To assist each other and discuss methodological issues in carrying out our research
- To hence improve the quality and quantity of end-of-life research conducted in the community
- To be a resourse to the SAPC executive when dealing with issues relating to palliative care