Exeter - Department of Primary Care
- 90% of patient contact in the NHS takes place in primary care
- The primary care team is extensive, and multidisciplinary
- Short hospital in-patient stays have led to an increased focus on primary care
- General practices have identifiable lists of patients, providing an important opportunity for high quality primary care-based research
- Researchers within this group have attracted around £21 million of research income since 2004.
- We work closely with colleagues elsewhere within the Medical School, across the University (School of Health and Sport Sciences, Mood Disorders Centre), and more widely within the UK (Universities of Bristol, Cambridge, Glasgow, Manchester)
- We collaborate internationally with colleagues in Canada, USA, Australia and New Zealand.