Clinical Excellence Awards
For Senior Academic General Practitioners
The indicative dates for the 2020 round are:
- On-line applications open 6th February 2020
- On-line applications close 5pm 3rd April 2020
- Outcomes announced to applicants December 2020
Website for Clinical Excellence Awards (CEAs)
SAPC is a nominating body for senior academic general practitioners for the Clinical Excellence Awards at national level.
Please note the deadlines are based on the indicative dates for the 2020 round announced by ACCEA - deadline may change, please check this website.
SAPC is committed to support primary care clinical academics in their applications for national Clinical Excellence Awards. As in previous years we will write citations, and score new applications.
Timetables for applications are very tight this year, so we need to be rigorous in our procedures. This means that, if you are considering making an application, you must be aware of two key deadlines:
- 20th February (tbc): notification of request for SAPC support;
- 4th March: submission of completed application and draft citation to SAPC (final ACCEA deadline is 5pm on 3rd April).
If you don't adhere to these deadlines, we will not be able to support your application!
Application forms (2020 on-line forms available from 6th Feb) - the forms will be the same as in 2019 so these to begin preparing your application.
ACCEA login - for checking that you can login in readiness for completing the forms on-line when submission opens. Any login queries must be directed to ACCEA.
Requesting support for your application
For support from SAPC please notify Sue Stewart, SAPC by 20th February
For support from RCGP please notify firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
If you wish to apply for support from both SAPC and RCGP you must notify both organisations (SAPC by 20th Feb and RCGP asap) and submit your application forms and citation (max 1,350 character count) to both of them by 5th March to allow time for your application to be reviewed by their panels.
- By the 20th February notify SAPC of your intention to apply for an award and request support of SAPC
- By 5pm on 4th March send your application form and draft citation to SAPC - deadline is non-negotiable
- ACCEA deadline 5pm on Thursday 3rd April 2020
The standard 1350 characters including spaces and punctuation is the maximum you can include.
Visit the website for Clinical Excellence Awards
Senior Academic GPs who are members of SAPC may request support from SAPC.