SAPC Ambassador Lead role
The successful applicant will be co-opted on to the SAPC executive (if not already an elected member of the exec) and should become a member of SAPC if not already a member.
The lead role:
- Lead the group of ambassadors and encourage institutions who are not represented to find a representative
- Engage with the ambassadors by:
- Sending email updates
- Organising meetings for ambassadors (at the ASM or separately on Zoom)
- Encourage them to make colleagues aware of SAPC activities, abstract submission deadlines for regional and national meeting, mentoring scheme, job webpage
- Encourage ambassadors to take up the open chair at the SAPC exec
- Encourage ambassadors to blog for the SAPC website about activities in their institution
- Liaise with the SAPC Secretariat to maintain an up to date list of ambassadors and send out packs to new ambassadors. Packs contain a covering letter and SAPC member packs, flyers for the ASM.